Practice Areas

Enforcement Lawyers in Texas

Your remedy to force your former spouse to uphold their court-mandated duty post-divorce is called an “enforcement.” There may be violations of injunctions regarding your children and/or property rights during or after the divorce, modification, or other suit. When a motion for enforcement is filed, it gives the court the ability to provide the relief you’re looking for. On this site, we’ve provided a great deal of information about enforcing family court orders for your benefit.

What Type of Order Can We Help Enforce?

Texas family law recognizes that many of the arrangements concluded in a divorce might need to be revisited when a job loss, an illness, or a child’s special needs require that a child support amount or visitation schedule needs to be changed. Our child custody or support modification lawyers can tell you whether the new circumstances in your case are likely to justify adjustments to an order currently in effect. We can also let you know whether your opposition to a proposed modification will get any traction with the court.

Additionally, our lawyers can also advise you about the considerations at stake when a divorced parent, particularly the one with primary residential custody, proposes relocating with the child to a distant city, another state, or a foreign country.

Experienced Enforcement Attorneys

If you need legal advice or are ready to hire an enforcement lawyer, ONDA attorneys can help you understand your options for achieving compliance with an arrangement essential to the interests of your children or yourself. We can also show you how to develop and present realistic plans for curing defaults while protecting you from the worst consequences of a default, which can include jail time for contempt of court.

Family court orders are not carved in stone, and they do not enforce themselves when they happen to go into default. If a substantial change in circumstances has occurred and you need to revisit the terms of a child support order or visitation arrangement, or if you need advice about the best ways to deal with violations of family court obligations, contact the modification and enforcement attorneys of Orsinger, Nelson, Downing & Anderson today.